The 600km ride tomorrow will begin at the usual spot at Starbucks @ Novena. Try to get there by 5am for ride briefing and group photo (5:25)…the safety vehicles will role at 5:15am sharp to ensure they can arrive at JB Shell at the same time as the riders who will depart at 5:30.
Bring two kits…it is nice to change after 300+km and mentally it makes you feel like you are doing another ride versus slogging out an ultra long one. You can bring a small bag to put in the safety vehicle and typically it is wise to bring some food you like.
Other key things to remember:
– Please send your ride entry form – nice to have emergency contact info just in case
– Malaysian Ringgitt – the local currency
– Chamois cream or something to lube up with – it can get abrasive out there
– suntan lotion
– tighten up your bike – some of the roads can get a bit rough
– tubes, Co2 and ideally a tire per group
– bring cash for the safety team
– ride within your limits – the maximum time limit is 40 hours
– Garmin charger / lights charger – you will need to use your lights at least twice
Today you should drink lots of water and eat plenty…it is not an ideal time to start your new beach diet. Get a good night sleep and relax…we have an excellent group and it should be an epic weekend!